Interview with "Bloody Streetz" 11/16/05
(This typed version of the interview is word from word, no editing was done, I wanted the website to have
the full effect of the member and his interview.)
- "So what set do you claim?"
"That eastside til' the day I die."
- "So that means you're a blood?"
"Fo' sho, Blllatttt."
- "How long have you been a blood?"
"Since day one."
- "And how long is that?"
"Naw, since day one is what we say, but
really about 2 1/2 years."
- "Alright, let's get into the details, so my project is about gangs and their influence,
what influenced you?"
"My friends, my road dogs, cats I grew up wit, they
wanted to bang and become part of the fam, so I was like *curse word*, I may as well to, I wanted to get down and earn some
respect from the streets, cuz I'm Streetz."
- "Please refrain from cursing."
"Oh my bad bra."
- "So, there are alot of statitics about gangs, do you feel you are a statitic?"
"No, I'm not a stat, I am someone, what ya'll
don't understand about a gang is that we are one, we ain't no stats man. That stat mess is some bull."
- "Okay, so now let's get into the bloods and how they get down before we end this interview,
what did you have to do to become affiliated?"
"Really, I'm not suppose to discuss the
details, but I'll tell you a lil' bit of what I had to do to get down. I did what we call a mission, I had to rob a couple
of people, you know what I'm sayin'. You know easy money at the same time. I also had to learn the history of my fellow bloods
and the real "O.G.'s.?
- "Were you afraid to do any of this?"
"At first, I ain't gone lie to you ma ma, I was.
But I knew that if I didn't do it, my homies would think I was a punk, and believe me baby girl, I ain't."
- "I see you have the name "Bloody Streetz", how did you acquire that name?"
"It's where I'm from, what I'm about, what I represent,
"The Streetz". You feel me? Bloody is just a title we bloods do, sorta like Mr. or Mrs."
- "If you don't mind saying, I mean no one knows your name or can they see your face,
what have you done to show loyalty to your blood gang?"
"No disrespect ma, but I don't trust you, you might
turn me in to the boys. But all I can say is that I done got down for the fam, I done did me and whatever it takes to be O.G.
- Aww man, that's messed up that you don't trust me, but I feel you though. I'm glad
you mentioned O.G., what exactly is that?"
"It mean "Original Gangsta" but sometimes we call it a
general. They get the most respect and if they tell a dog (blood) to do something, they have to get down or lay down no matter
what, feel me?"
- My last question, the rival with the crips and other gangs, but mostly crips, how do
you partake in that?"
"I mean other niggas got it messed up,
we ain't cool with them as a whole, but if we know a crab that's cool, we'll chill with them. It ain't really no beef until
they disrespect or cross enemy turf."
- "Well Bloody Streetz, I thank you for your time and I hope you have helped me to pass
"No problem, ma, anytime and good luck on your project."